Many committed, knowledgeable believers still know little about the history of the church. As a result, they’re missing a testament to God’s steadfastness over the centuries. Now, a monumental new teaching series sheds crucial light on church history, demonstrating Jesus’ promise to build and preserve his church so that “the gates of hell shall not prevail against it” (Matt. 16:18). Join Dr. W. Robert Godfrey as he takes believers through the first twelve lectures of what will be a seventy-three-lecture series covering theology, apologetics, notable church fathers, and much more.
- “Introduction”. Wednesday July 7th, 2021.
- “Expansion of the Church”. Wednesday July 14th, 2021.
- “Defending the Faith”. Wednesday July 21st, 2021.
- “Pioneering Theologian: Origen”. Wednesday July 28th, 2021.
- “Developing Theology”. Wednesday August 4th, 2021.
- “The Bishop”. Wednesday August 11th, 2021.
- “Constantine & the Church”. Wednesday August 18th, 2021.
- “Jesus as God”. Wednesday August 25th, 2021.
- “Jesus as Man”. Wednesday September 1st, 2021.
- “The East & the West”. Wednesday September 8th, 2021.
- “Augustine”. Wednesday September 15th, 2021.
- “Worship & Sacraments”. Wednesday September 22nd, 2021.
W. Robert Godfrey
Dr. W. Robert Godfrey is a Ligonier Ministries teaching fellow and chairman of Ligonier Ministries. He is president emeritus and professor emeritus of church history at Westminster Seminary California. He is the featured teacher for the six-part Ligonier teaching series A Survey of Church History. His many books include God’s Pattern for Creation, Reformation Sketches, An Unexpected Journey, Learning to Love the Psalms, and Saving the Reformation.