Why does God permit suffering? It’s a question all of us have asked, and the book of Job points us toward the answer. Job’s questions are our questions, and we can identify with his frustration, disappointment, and confusion in the midst of trials. In this series, Dr. Derek W.H. Thomas walks us through the book of Job and considers what the Bible says about our darkest moments. He addresses the difficult question of the relationship between God’s sovereignty and the existence of evil, sin, and suffering. In the end, as Dr. Thomas shows, it’s in our trials that we learn to trust God and say with Job, “Blessed be the name of the Lord.”
- Job, Satan, & God. Wednesday May 27, 2020.
- Pain & Suffering. Wednesday June 3, 2020.
- The Dark Night of the Soul. Wednesday June 10, 2020.
- Miserable Comforters. Wednesday June 17, 2020.
- Contending with God. Wednesday June 24, 2020.
- My Redeemer Lives. Wednesday July 1, 2020.
- The Wisdom of God. Wednesday July 8, 2020.
- The Sovereignty of God. Wednesday July 15, 2020.
- Out of the Whirlwind. Wednesday July 22, 2020.
- Behemoth & Leviathan. Wednesday July 29, 2020.
- Repentance & Restoration. Wednesday August 5, 2020.
- The Patience of Job. Wednesday August 12, 2020.
Join for free by clicking on this link through Ligonier Connect.
Free study guide available for download by clicking on this link.
Wednesday Commentary on YouTube
Dr. Derek W.H. Thomas is senior minister of First Presbyterian Church in Columbia, S.C., and dean of the doctor of ministry program at Ligonier Academy. He is the author of How the Gospel Brings Us All the Way Home.